Monday, June 27, 2011

End of the Year Party!









When I say that we had the most incredible first grade experience for Tripp, I promise I am not exaggerating. He had two wonderful teachers who I cannot say enough about, Ms. Morgan and Mrs. McEachern. Tripp was one of "The Three Amigos" because all you ever heard him talk about was, "Me, Chase, and Cole". There is no telling what mischief the three of those boys got in this year! The group of students in his classroom bonded together like family when one of their classmates, Isalet was diagnosed with Leukemia in the fall. They did several fundraisers together for her, wrote to her, and even got to communicate with her via Skype. (All of this was done through the hard work of his teacher - I told you she was incredible!) On Easter Sunday morning, Isalet went home to be with Jesus and taking on the task of explaining that to her friends in the class was left up to the parents and their teachers. The children were so wonderful - their faith is so much stronger than ours. I truly believe that these students will have a bond that will carry them throughout their school years. Even if they are not in the same class in years to follow, they have incredible memories together. To celebrate at the end of the year, we had a class party at the Pearl park. We ate lots of great food and the kids played for hours. It was a great time for everyone except that we realized we were all leaving Ms. Morgan's class! Which was just has hard for the parents as it was for the students. We certainly wish she was moving up to teach them in second grade and third, and fourth. . . . :)

No comments: